ADSM-L

Recovery log space nightmare.

2000-07-10 04:36:30
Subject: Recovery log space nightmare.
From: "White, Dave (ELS)" <d.white AT ELSEVIER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 09:36:30 +0100
Hello *SMers.
        We've just reduced the number of file versions retained on a policy
domain of file backups some 16 NT servers.  Since then the size of the
recovery log has been increasing massively every day and has had to be
extended to a whopping 1.7GB and still growing.  The database is also
growing.
        We do a full DB backup each morning prior to the EXPIRE INVENTORY.
When Expire inventory runs it fills up the log and everything stops.  Why is
this?

        Any suggestions would be very welcome as I'm going to fill up all
the spare space on my NT 4 server in a few days.

Running ADSM v 3.1.2 on NT 4.

Cheers.
                Dave.