ADSM-L

password

2015-10-04 17:29:33
Subject: password
From: Gill, Geoffrey L. [mailto:GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I'm running ADSM 3.1.2.55 on AIX 4.3.3. Last night I noticed a complete
schedule fail so I checked the services on those nodes to see if someone had
turned off the service. They had not so I went to the server log and found
they had all failed with the following error:
ANR0484W Session 3181 for node CP-ITS-WEB08 (WinNT) terminated - protocol
violation detected.

Now I know this is a password problem so I've already updated each node with
the correct password. I see this from time to time on other nodes too but
now I've decided this is strange. Here are my questions:

Where is the setting that ADSM changes the password on a certain number of
days and how can I set it to never expire?

Would this be a good practice, I find this annoying when it happens?

If the options file has passwordaccess generate, why is this happening?

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
Computer Systems Group
E-Mail:   gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (888) 997-9614

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.