ADSM-L

Selective Archive delete

2000-07-06 15:12:04
Subject: Selective Archive delete
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:12:04 -0400
Hello all....

Does anyone know of a way to delete a particular archive from the server
(vs the client)?

We do bi-annual archives of all of our systems, and due to some networking
problems, I've got a set that's munched.  I would like to nuke it so that
it's not taking up space for the next few years, but I'd rather not have
to go around to each client and manually delete the archive.

del files only allows you to specify 'archive', but it doesn't appear to
be able to distinguish one archive from another.  Being able to do so w/ a
date or desc flag would be really useful...

TIA for any ideas!

-
Best regards,
Best regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                         Systems and Network Engineer |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-6723/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                 www.clarkson.edu/cis |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu