ADSM-L

NT Cluster Registry Hive Back-up

2000-07-03 12:45:17
Subject: NT Cluster Registry Hive Back-up
From: "Smith, Jacquie" <jacquie.smith AT TELEVAULTIT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 17:45:17 +0100
The manual for NT cluster states that a maintenance partition is necessary
in order to back-up the Cluster registry hive because it cannot be backed-up
whilst it is running.  However, it then goes on to say, that this is because
it is like the 'SAM' yet the 'SAM' can be backed-up.  So, am I missing
something or is it possible to stop the cluster and run a back-up which will
back-up the cluster registry hive, therefore removing the need for a
maintenance partition?

Also what should I be looking for if I have a successful back-up of the
Cluster registry hive.( How can I tell that I have backed it up?)

TIA
Jacquie

www.guardianit.com                                                          The
information contained in this email is confidential and intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
Guardian iT Group will accept no responsibility or liability in respect to this
email other than to the addressee.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately via email: postmaster AT guardianit DOT com