ADSM-L

Re: Exclude Include - the saga continues

2000-07-02 10:30:24
Subject: Re: Exclude Include - the saga continues
From: Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 16:30:24 +0200
OK, I manage to get it to backup correctly now as far as excluding most of
the stuff and including what I want using the following :

EXCLUDE                 *:*.*
EXCLUDE                 *:*
EXCLUDE                 *:\...\*.TMP

INCLUDE                 "*:\AUTOEXEC.BAT"
INCLUDE                 "*:\CONFIG.SYS"
INCLUDE                 "*:\...\DSM.OPT"
INCLUDE                 "*:\...\*.PST"
INCLUDE                 "*:\...\*.PAB"

So it now backs up what I want only (sort of). I doubled the Exclude lines
with *:*.* and *:* because the one excludes all files with extensions and
backs up files without, but both together exclude files with and without
extensions. Wierd.

I also placed a SUBDIR NO in the same option file, but the scheduler is
still backing up the full directory structure which I do not want. Any ideas
?

Another thing is I cannot seem to fin an option to tell the system to backup
open files (such as an Exchange PST file) in the manualls.

Is there such a setting on the client side at all ?

Thanks,

Mike