ADSM-L

Web client requirements?

2000-05-17 15:37:09
Subject: Web client requirements?
From: ALLEN BARTH <abarth AT KEMPER DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 14:37:09 -0500
I've got the following servers: ADSM 3.1.2.20 & TSM 3.7.2.0
The client is TSM 3.7.1.0 on NT fp4 and solaris 2.6.

On the NT I'm using the Opera browser (v4 beta4) which supports up to JRE 1.3,
frames, ecmascript(javascript), TLS, etc

On the solaris, I'm using the Hotjava browser which supports JRE 1.1.3

I've just begun to play with the HotJava browser on Solaris, so I'll focus the
question to NT/Opera.

I can't get the command line, or events to appear.  For command line, the
display stops with "loading applet".  For the events I only get a blank box at
the bottom of the screen.

What are the browser requirements?  And no, don't answer NS or IE.

IMO, *SM code should work with ANY browser meeting a certain level of standards
compliant capabilities.  Obviously IE & NS don't exist for all platforms, and
the user should be free to choose from all those available.

Thanks,
Al