ADSM-L

Re: What tapes will recalamation of offsite pool ask for from primarypool?

2000-05-10 20:24:20
Subject: Re: What tapes will recalamation of offsite pool ask for from primarypool?
From: "Mr. Lindsay Morris" <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:24:20 -0400
I don't know how to do it with SQL - there may not be an easy way -
but I seem to recall that we used to have a script that would:
    start a MOVE DATA on the volume
    read the activity log for the messages about "volume xxx will need to
be mounted"
    cancel the MOVE DATA.

So you could try that.  A little tacky, but it worked for us.

Mark Brown wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have a handy sql command to ask an OS/390 *DSM server
> what tapes from a PRIMARY tape pool I would need to reclaim an offsite
> volume?
>
> My Primary tape pool is co-located for quicker restores but my OFFSITE
> tape copypool
> is not to reduce tapes.
>
> To recalaim 1 offsite tape volume I sometimes mount 3 or 4 tapes from
> the primary
> pool. I would like a FAST sql command to list what tapes I would need.
>
> --
> Thank You,
>
> Mark Brown
>
> =======================================
> Operations Supervisor
> McGill University
> Computing Centre Operations
>
> E-Mail :    mbrown AT po-box.mcgill DOT ca
> Phone  :    514-398-2321
> WWW    :    http://mbrown.cc.mcgill.ca

Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris