ADSM-L

Re: restore to different location.

2000-05-10 14:24:10
Subject: Re: restore to different location.
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:24:10 -0500
Sure !
>>-REStore---+--------+---+-----------+---+- sourcefilespec---+->
             '- FILE--'   '- options--'   '- "sourcefilespec"-'

>-----+----------------------+---------------------------------><
      '- destinationfilespec-'

So something like
        restore -subdir=yes "/home/mydir/*"  /home/restored/

would slap the backed up files from mydir into the directory restored (under
/home)

or in a windows environment
        restore -subdir=yes c: d:

or a single file
        restore /home/mydir/myfile /home/someoneelsesdir/theirfilename

Dwight