ADSM-L

Re: MS-SQL Agent connection error

2000-05-05 13:51:30
Subject: Re: MS-SQL Agent connection error
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 13:51:30 -0400
Larry,

Actually, the GUI is the only one that will read
the registry for those stored values for
SQL server logon.

You must user /SQLUSER and /SQLPWD options
to send it for the command-line client.
If you are worried about security then you
should use the /SQLSECURE option that uses
your Windows NT login information for
SQL server access.

OK, So, now you are asking why does it work for 4 out of 5
of your servers... Well it must be that you still have
the default userid and password (userid:"sa" password:"")
defined to your SQL server. SQL Server install
gives you these as a default when you install.
If you don't specify SQLUSER or SQLPWD, it uses
the values I specified above by default.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler