ADSM-L

We do NOT love it!

2000-05-05 13:09:43
Subject: We do NOT love it!
From: Martha McConaghy <URMMNET AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 13:09:43 EDT
As you all have probably seen by now, the ILOVEYOU virus got posted to
the ADSM-L list yesterday.  DO NOT OPEN IT!  If you receive a copy,
delete it without opening it.  Apparently, its targeted mainly to
Outlook users, but play it save and just delete it regardless of what
e-mail client you are using.  (Of course, if you are on a mainframe
e-mail system, like me, you don't have these problems....%-))

We are currently working to remove the note from our logs and the
the digest on LISTSERV.  It should be gone by the end of the day.
If any others come in, we will try to filter it as best we can.  Also,
I'm getting tons of bounces from e-mail systems which are currently
down, presumably due to the virus.  So, some of ADSM-L list subscribers
may be off the air right now.  I'll refrain from removing dead addresses
from the list until things calm down.  However, if LISTSERV bounces you
automatically, due to errors coming from your site, just resubscribe
and you should be OK.

Martha McConaghy - ADSM-L list owner