ADSM-L

Re: 3570 to 3575 migration

2000-05-02 11:40:14
Subject: Re: 3570 to 3575 migration
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:40:14 -0400
On Tue, 2 May 2000, Gary Bowers wrote:
> I am about to get  a 3575 to replace our 3570 tape library.  I don't want to
> have to migrate all of the data to new tapes though.
>
> The way I see it you should just be able to checkout of the 3570 and into
> the 3575.  Or is this like the 3490 to 3590 that fails because it cannot
> find a 3490 drive to mount to?

*SM does not really care about the library.  Just define the new library,
check the tapes out of the old, and into the new.  The problem you might
be thinking about might be if you have 3570-B1A drives in your 3570, and
3570-C1A's in the 3575.  C1A's can read B1A's, and C1A's will work with B
and C tapes (blue and green), and XL's too (red), if the correct microcode
level in on the drive (41A and above, I believe).

Steve Roder, University at Buffalo
VM Systems Programmer
UNIX Systems Administrator (Solaris and AIX)
ADSM Administrator
(tkssteve AT buffalo DOT edu | (716)645-3564 |
http://ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu/~tkssteve)