ADSM-L

Re: Size of the database

2015-10-04 17:31:36
Subject: Re: Size of the database
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> I would like to get some information  about the practical / just practical
>  size  of the
> of the database.  Where are the limits in size?

Me too!

I have a 27G database at 60% util and am wondering where to go from here.

We hope to double our clients (mostly mac/windows/unix desktops) but a
sprinkling of large unix and nt servers)  from 850 over the next year
but I'm not gona fit 1700 users in a 120% database.

Our DB backup has gone from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours over the last 4 months
and everything seems a little slower so I am worried about it.

Dare I prepare for a second ADSM server on the same AIX box?

Its a 3466 too which complicates it.

Having to get a second SSA and all the
overheard of a second ADSM on the same machine can't be a picnic!!!
Not to mention having only 2 3590 drives!

sigh .... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley