ADSM-L

Re: Delete a client node.

2000-04-26 10:24:17
Subject: Re: Delete a client node.
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:24:17 -0500
Now remember the last "active" version of a file will never go away...

I've had some nodes they wanted to keep the data around for ever... I export
the nodes...

I've had requests for data back from these nodes... I import them, the
admins restore what info they need, I delete the nodes again (since I
already have the exported data on tape)  this keeps a few hundred tapes out
of my ATL's and keeps a handful of client licenses available for use.

Now if you have archived data during the import you have to pay attention to
the DATE=ABSOLUTE or RELATIVE option...

Dwight

PS I figure about the time I die of old age and someone asks "what are these
tapes for" and someone replies "those antique 3590's ? trash-em" the data
won't be important any more.