ADSM-L

Groupwise/Netware 4.11 Abends

2000-04-20 15:57:45
Subject: Groupwise/Netware 4.11 Abends
From: Steve Fehl <fehl AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 15:57:45 -0400
I have a customer that is using GroupWise 5.5 on Netware 4.11.  They have
noticed an increased number of abends when the TSM 3.7.1.0 nlm is
loaded.  The abends are actually Groupwise (gwinter.nlm, gwia.nlm,etc).  I
have searched all over (ADSM list, Netware site, IBMLink) and can not find
any answers.  I would appreciate any input on how to try and solve this
problem.  I can not find a way to explain the connection between TSM and
GroupWise.

The abends do not occur when TSM is first loaded and they do not occur when
the TSM backups are being done.  But the abends do seem to occur more
frequently when the dsmc.nlm is loaded.

Server: AIX TSM 3.7.2.0
Cleint: Netware 4.11 TSM 3.7.1.0
GroupWise: 5.5