ADSM-L

Re: Question: AIX--ADSM--Magstar 3570

2000-04-20 13:29:41
Subject: Re: Question: AIX--ADSM--Magstar 3570
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:29:41 -0400
1. define volume is usually used for disk volumes for you disk storage
pools, or maybe defein dbvol for you database volumes... not for tape
volumes.

checkin libvol is how you add tapes to the library.

2. You don't normally have much control about which tapes TSM decides to
use.
So relax.
But, guessing at reasons, maybe those two tapes were used for database
backups - use q volhist to see.  TSM won't put anything else on them
until they expire.

Good luck!

--
Mr. Lindsay Morris