ADSM-L

Recovery of a mounted disk

2000-04-20 03:25:55
Subject: Recovery of a mounted disk
From: Kurt Beyers <kurt.beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 09:25:55 +0200
Hello everybody,

I'm wondering if the following situation is possible. You have two systems A
and B with the same OS (HP-UX 11.0 to be more specific). Suppose that system A
crashes and than I mount a disk D (with a bunch of data) of the crashed system
A on to the system B. So far so good.  Is it now possible at all to recover
data (previously backed up  on disk D mounted on system A) to the disk D
mounted on system B?  I guess you have to somehow rearrange information stored
in the dbase of *SM.
Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kurt Beyers

System Engineer Unix
Dolmen Computer Applications
Edingensesteenweg 196