ADSM-L

Re: junk filespace

2000-04-18 20:09:30
Subject: Re: junk filespace
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:09:30 -0500
what version of server are you running...???
I've noticed in pre 3.1.2.30(?) prior to the "cleanup archdir fix=yes"
option,  that if I'd try to delete a filespace with a server that had
archived data (and thus the archived entry into the longest retention
archive management class) and if that entry had not yet naturally expired
(which was tough 'cause I have 10 year archive management classes) THAT it
would bring down the adsm server and never clean up the data for the
filespace.

Now how I got around that prior to upgrading the server, was to set a domain
(I called remove) with no retention of anything longer than a day... (that
is primarily that archive retention grace period) anyway I'd move the node
over into that domain, run expiration, then I could delete the filespaces
and remove the node...

I was shooting for total removal of the node.

This might not fit your problem but in case anyone running an older version
of adsm has been wondering why their server abended when you run a delete
file space, hope this helps.

Dwight