ADSM-L

Backint, profiles and versioning

2000-04-17 21:46:55
Subject: Backint, profiles and versioning
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:46:55 +1000
Can someone please confirm/correct my understanding of using Backint.

We use Backint with a profile which specifies a particular PREFIX and a
MAX_VERSIONS set to 31. I back up all my tablespaces using this profile
daily. This works just fine.

If I create a new profile, with MAX_VERSIONS set to 0 (ie unlimited) and a
different PREFIX, and then go ahead and back up the same tablespaces with
the second profile, can I be sure that my normal versioning from the first
profile will remain untouched?

As you can see, I want to create an 'archive' which will not be expired.

Have I understood how Backint operates correctly?

Regards and thanks,

Eric Winters
Sydney
Australia