ADSM-L

Re: Bare Metal restore of NT

2000-04-17 18:54:39
Subject: Re: Bare Metal restore of NT
From: Eric LEWIS <eric.lewis AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 17:54:39 -0500
     Hi:  Probably the reason is the machines didn't have a multiboot
     install for DOS or Win95/98

     At this point forget the diskette,  Just install  NT into a "test
     partition" or directory such as WinTest.

     Install the ADSM client.

     Then do a full restore.

     Then copy the registry (don't use regrest) from ADSM.SYS to the
     registry dir location, then take a look at the boot.ini file after the
     full restore to verify you got back the original file and it points to
     WINNT not WinTest directory.

     Then reboot.

     Presto!

     Then delete the WinTest directory.