ADSM-L

Re: Plea for ammo-

2000-04-17 16:33:05
Subject: Re: Plea for ammo-
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT NERSP.NERDC.UFL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:33:05 -0400
Hello, All.

Well, I've cleaned up the script I refer to below, and I'm wondering if enough
people are interested that I should post it, or should I send it to Lisa?

Please mail me directly if you're interested.  If I get lots of queries, I'll
post, otherwise I'll send information directly to the interested parties.

Thanks.

Allen S. Rout
NERDC ADSM type.

=> On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:51:45 -0500, Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT
MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US> said:

> Allen,
> I was wondering if you would still be willing to share your PERL scripts with
> me?  I am still fighting the good fight, and I am going to send the NT admins
> mail everyday about the clients they won't adminster and I can't.  Spam is a
> effective tool, I do believe!!

> "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT NERSP.NERDC.UFL DOT EDU> on 10/07/99 01:27:54 PM said:
=> On Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:43:29 -0500, Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT
MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US> said:

>> I have just entered the world of ADSM (been in this position six weeks), and
>> I am now embroiled in a holy war with my current supervisor over NT admin
>> rights.  I have access to all of the data that we back up-- I am the ADSM
>> admin- I hold the key to the BIG DOOR, so you wouldn't think that this would
>> be an issue (but it is).  My supervisor thinks that I can do my job
>> efficiently without having admin rights on the NT server clients.

> At the University of Florida, we're nibbling on this issue too; I manage an
> ADSM <smack>TSM server in a data center on campus, and we're trying to figure
> out how to extend service to our fractious University constituency.

[ ... ]