ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Hi Fred,
 take a look a the following manual: SG24-2231 "Windows NT Backup and
Recoverywith ADSM"

The Desktop alone is not restorable.  But the registry containing the
settings for the user is restorable. (REGREST cmd)

Take a look at the archives, there the chapter "bare metall restore" for NT
has also been disussed.

Kind Regards
Andreas Buser

Tel: ++41 61 285 73 21  Fax: ++41 61 285 70 98

Email: Andreas.Buser AT Basler DOT ch

Address:
Basler Versicherungen
Andreas Buser
Abt. Informatik
Aeschengraben 21
4002 Basel
Switzerland

                    Fred Johanson
                    <fred AT MIDWAY DOT UCH        An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    ICAGO.EDU>              Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:           Thema:  Restoring the NT desktop
                    "ADSM: Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    13.04.00 21:27
                    Bitte antworten
                    an "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

The guys testing "Bare-Metal Restores" just asked me how to restore the
desktop.  Not being a NT person, I couldn't answer.  Is there something
special in restoring the desktop?

Fred Johanson
System Administrator, ADSM
S.E.A.