ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:31:35

Hi Eric,

I believe your DB has an logical inconsistency.

Assuming this, I strongly recommend not to play
around with deleting volumes and similar
things - this way you can make your
problem even worse!

Make yourself sure you have an
DB Backup, and
perform plain HALT command  just n o w,
and start auditdb with fix=yes detail=yes switches,
and ask only later how long this would take.
Each minute you wait with this start
will cause the end of the process to happen a minute later.

.. Did you already what you ought to?
I am still waiting for the Audit to become started!

Now, that you have the audit started, next informations follows:

The duration of audit strongly depends on your HW and
the configuration of your server. For me the value
used to be 4,5 Hours on 4G Database,
but now, after some time and after an upgrade
to the disk Subsystem it is about 9 hours for
4,5 GB DB.
Yes, my upgrade was not only a success.
You see, nobody is perfect, nor is me.
Caution - there have been times longer than a day reported
for such databases as well - it simply depends.

Be sure your Audit can correct the errors.
If you can afford, run the audit twice, the second
run should not report any errors.

Chances are, the audit is quick and successfull
and you can have a nice weekend.

If the audit fails to correct errors,
try dump DB + Load DB.

If even this fails, contact Tivoli support
and be prepared to offer some time
and money for the problem to be solved.

Assume the worst and it will be high pleasure
if you figure out the problem was not really that bad!

regards
Salak Juraj

KEBA AG
Softwareentwicklung Bankautomation