ADSM-L

Re: Expiration process hanging ?

2000-04-14 10:15:41
Subject: Re: Expiration process hanging ?
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 09:15:41 -0500
I lived with this problem for months, in one way or another from 3.1.2.20
thru 3.1.2.50.  Here it was caused by an admin using the GUI to to a q node
or q fi.  At that point, expiration and all subsequent sessions would
hang.  The only cure was to restart ADSM.  The only safeguard was to
threaten bodily harm to careless GUI users.  The problem is mostly fixed in
3.1.2.50 and I haven't seen it at all in 3.1.2.55.