ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Steven Bridge wrote:

> AIX 4.3 server, ADSM 3.1.2.40
>
> Yesterday, an expiration process was started off. Today, I find it is
> still running ( without having made any further progress ) and after I try
> to cancel this process, it just says :
> '     219 Expiration           ANR0819I Cancel in progress'
> This doesn't look good.
> Anyone else seen this happening ?
> Any suggestions on how to fix it ?
>
> Steven Bridge ( Systems group - UCL EISD Information Systems )

As of README.SRV 3.1.2.42:

!! IC24611 EXPIRATION PROCESS MAY HANG INTERMITTENTLY AND CANNOT BE
!! CANCELLED
!!  Fix for APAR IC24611

APAR NUMBER: IY05372           RESOLVED AS: PROGRAM ERROR

 ABSTRACT:
 IY05372: EXPIRATION PROCESS MAY HANG INTERMITTENTLY AND CANNOT BE
 CANCELLED.

 ORIGINATING DETAILS:
 Expiration processing, when running on the 3.1.2.40 Server, may
 hang intermittently.  Users may also have problems cancelling
 the expiration process whether it is in a hung state or not.
 .
 This problem has been seen on all V3 Server platforms.

 LOCAL FIX AS REPORTED BY ORIGINATOR:

 RESPONDER SUMMARY:
 * USERS AFFECTED:                                              *
 All users of ADSM Servers V3.1.2.40 or older.
 * PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:                                         *
 Expiration process may hang intermittently and cannot be
 cancelled.
 * RECOMMENDATION:                                              *
 Apply the fixing PTF when available.
 Expiration process may hang intermittently and cannot be
 canceled.

 RESPONDER CONCLUSION:
 The signal processing in expiration processing has been updated
 to correct the problem.

 TEMPORARY FIX:

 COMMENTS:

 APAR INFORMATION:
 Reported to correct a PTF in error:     NO
 Reported as a highly pervasive problem: NO

 PE Apar?:       NoPE
 HIPER Apar?:    NoHIPER
 Component Name: ADSM AIX(V4) SE
 Version:        310
 Component ID:   576556402
 Submitted:      99/10/26
 Closed:         99/10/26
 Last Modified:  99/12/22
 Change Team:    TU0290

 FIX INFORMATION:
 Reported release thought to contain the error: R310

 Applicable Component Levels:
 R310 PSY U468795 UP99/12/16 I      1000

 APAR is fixed by one or more of the following PTFs:
 U468795

 APAR is sysrouted FROM one or more of the following items:
 IC24611

Hth,
Horst SCHERZER                       mailto: Horst.Scherzer AT univie.ac DOT at
Horst SCHERZER                       mailto: Horst.Scherzer AT univie.ac DOT at
Zentraler Informatikdienst Uni-Wien           Fax:   (+43 1) 4277  x9140
Universitaetsstr.7                          Phone:   (+43 1) 4277 x14053
A-1010 Vienna, Austria              URL: http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~sc
--------------E5FDC513DF6DE44C643FB5ED