ADSM-L

ADSM Monitor ...

2000-04-14 00:13:42
Subject: ADSM Monitor ...
From: Sean Voyce <seanv AT WOOLWORTHS.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:13:42 +1200
Hi,

I am a lazy Mainframe Operator who has recently had to start using ADSM. We
back up a number of RS/6000's running AIX and were having trouble
remembering to check for tape mounts (reclaimation etc). These would of
course expire before being noticed. Even if we did notice, the long-winded
process of checking in a tape (and checking out the full ones) seemed very
tedious.

So, being lazy, I have written a few *nix shell scripts that build some HTML
pages. These check for outstanding mounts and produce a fairly eye-catching
web page (dull if nothing is happening).
The tape checkins are done automatically. The lazy operator just has to
physically load the tape then click on a button to 'reply' to ADSM.

If this sounds useful to you, please email me (not the list) and I can send
you a 42KB file containing all the bits.

mailto:seanv AT woolworths.co DOT nz

Note: The scripts are for *nix and need (of course) access to ADSM, a web
server and PERL all this on the same machine.