ADSM-L

Restoring from one box to another

2000-04-13 18:37:15
Subject: Restoring from one box to another
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 15:37:15 -0700
We have a Novell 4.x server called NWDAT01 which has been backed up
regularly for some time now. We?ve built a new server called NWDAT02 and
would like to restore NWDAT01?s files (at least some of them) to NWDAT02..
We?re struggling with this however..

We?ve tried various things including we?ve read in the book but so far haven
?t had total success. Closest we got is it restored some of the files form
NWDAT01 until it needed to mount a tape, and then failed saying we don?t
have authorization to restore migrated data. Weird..

So rather the reflect on what I have and haven?t tried, how would you go
about restoring one box to another like this? What steps are necessary? What
authority/commands/flags etc..??

Thanks much