ADSM-L

Query Option cmd renamed to show option when 'upgrading' from ADSM to TSM (AIX client (at least))

2000-04-12 08:44:31
Subject: Query Option cmd renamed to show option when 'upgrading' from ADSM to TSM (AIX client (at least))
From: Tim Williams <Tim.Williams AT FRITOLAY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 07:44:31 -0500
FYI - Here's the response I got when I opened up an etr/pmr upon seeing
that the q option no longer worked:

   "The query option command from the client was supposed to be an
undocumented command for internal use only. In support of this the
command was changed in TSM to a show option command so that it fell in
line with the standard ADSM/TSM conventions for non-supported commands.
I spoke with the client developers to confirm that this is/was the
design intention for this command."
*
Maybe sending this info to "you'all" (over 1500 IDs strong now?), it will save
you
a question and perhaps some frustration.
*
FYI Thanks Tim