ADSM-L

Re: virtual volume question/reclamation

2000-04-11 10:46:01
Subject: Re: virtual volume question/reclamation
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:46:01 -0500
OK, did you make a unique domain for clients of type server and did you
isolate that data into its own tapepool ?
The tapes will have data such as:
tsm: TTCDSM05>q cont aab507 count=4

Node Name                Type Filespace  Client's Name for File
                              Name
------------------------ ---- ----------
--------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
TTCSTG02                 Arch ADSM.SERV- ADSM/TTCDSM05.BFS.947607939
TTCSTG02                 Arch ADSM.SERV- ADSM/TTCDSM05.BFS.947607939
BFS.OBJ.1
                               ER
TTCSTG02                 Arch ADSM.SERV- ADSM/TTCDSM05.BFS.947607939
BFS.OBJ.2
                               ER
TTCSTG02                 Arch ADSM.SERV- ADSM/TTCDSM05.BFS.947607939
BFS.OBJ.3
                               ER
TTCSTG02                 Arch ADSM.SERV- ADSM/TTCDSM05.BFS.947608596
BFS.OBJ.1
                               ER
These files (on the target server) are the virtual tapes of the source
server.
As source server files expire on virtual tapes, these files are condensed
via reclamation on the source server.
As these files go away (due to reclamation on the source server) the tapes
on the target server will become full / partially utilized and the target
server will reclaim based on the percent utilized and the recl. just as on
any other tape storage pool.
The above mentioned files are only on volumes in a storage pool "350srv"
which is where remote servers put all their data.
Reclamation on the target server side runs by setting the recl on my 3590srv
storage pool.
So did I just make things as clear as mud ?

Dwight