ADSM-L

Storagetek L700 libraries and TSM on AIX

2000-04-10 03:43:02
Subject: Storagetek L700 libraries and TSM on AIX
From: Tim Hempstead <Tim.Hempstead AT THAMESWATER.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:43:02 +0100
People,

We're currently putting in a new TSM 3.7 installation and have hit a slight snag
(bit of an understatement....).   We have put in a RS6000 S80 which as one of
its tasks will run as a TSM server and have a Storagetek L700 Library.  The S80
has IBM fibre-channel adaptors (feature code 6227) to connect to each of the
9840 drives as well as a scsi connection to control the library.

Our problem is that Storagetek are saying that they cannot get the library to
work with these cards and are insisting we use some other cards (non-IBM) which
or course causes us issues with IBM support of the system.

Does anybody have any experience using this hardware combination as a platform
for TSM, or are able to shed any light on this?

Our system:
     RS6000 S80 (AIX 4.3.3.002)
     TSM 3.7.(2? ... latest patch level anyway)
     Storagetek L700 Library with 6x 9840 drives

thanks in advance

Tim

Tim Hempstead,
Tim Hempstead,