ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP a FILE SYSTEM WITH a SPESIFIC MANAGMANET CLASS

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Subject: Re: BACKUP a FILE SYSTEM WITH a SPESIFIC MANAGMANET CLASS
From: "Gerrit van Zyl" <gvanzyl AT FARITEC.CO DOT ZA>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
> Omar,
>
> The way we do it is to create another server stanza in the dsm.sys file,
with a new servername and nodename but pointing to the same ADSM server
address.  This stanza then have it's own include-exclude file.

> Define the new nodename to ADSM.
> You then make use of the "dsmc sel
"fillesystem" -se="new-adsm-server-name" command to backup the filesystem.

> Hopes this helps.
>
> Regards
> Gerrit van Zyl
>

> Omar AlGhamdi wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running ADSM 3.1.2.55 on AIX 4.2.1.0. I am trying to backup a
certain file system on a SUN server 2.6 with ADSM client 3.1.0.7. I would
like to backup this file system with the following method:
> >     1- Exclude the file system from the ADSM backup schedule.
> >     2- Run a script that will perform a selective backup with a certain
management class for this file system. This script will kickoff during
daytime, while the SUN server will backed up during night time.

> > I have noticed the following:
> > *    Using a manual selective command or normal backup  schedule it will
always go and read the Inclexclude.lst. I want to backup all file systems
with the default management class, but I want a specific file system to be
backed up with a different management class. If I exclude this file system
in the inclexclude.lst it will never gets backed up and if I included it
with a specific management class it will be backed up at night, which I
don't want that to happen. I want to backed it up on a certain time during
the day with a specific management class..................any ideas......