ADSM-L

How to Query on Date of Last Backup with SQL

2000-04-07 14:41:04
Subject: How to Query on Date of Last Backup with SQL
From: "Cleary, Leisa" <Leisa.Cleary AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:41:04 -0400
Hello *SMers-

In our current environment we are backing up ~30,000 Desktop & Laptop
devices to NT boxes with 3.1.0.6 on both the clients and the server. As you
might imagine the cleanup & deletion of Filespaces/Nodes for inactive
devices is a real pain in the backside.

I was able to write a script to run from a UNIX box to delete the Version 2
Filespaces because I was able to "q fil" on a set pattern. V2 used the HD
name as the filespace name, V3.1.06 uses the computername.

My plea is this:

Has anyone been able to write a select statement that creates an output file
where the "date of last backup completed" is greater than X# of days? (In
our case it is 180 days)

The closest statement I can come up with is:
Select Node_Name, Filespace_Name, Backup_End from Filespaces

I get an output file but can not seem to add any additional parameters that
would provide the same information within a certain date range. There does
not appear to be a query that give the # of days since last backup in
integer format.

Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated. And Yes, home directories on file
servers has been a dream of ours for a couple of years now.......

Leisa (Cleary) Ammerall
Technical Analyst
ADSM/Enterprise Storage Management
SDN # 8 435 4786