ADSM-L

Re: RMAN errors

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Subject: Re: RMAN errors
From: Lindsay Morris [mailto:lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
Are you out of storage space? (q stg)

A common prolem with database agents is that they don't clean up after
themselves.  If you read the fine manual carefully, it probably makes a
passing reference to a script you will need to write to clean out old
database backups, and to a management class you have to create that will
let that script work.  But neither of these are installed by default, so
you may have hundreds of old backups clogging up the system.

To check this, type dsmc, then
        q filespace to see the filespace neames - find the one used by your
DB
backups
        q backup <filepace>
        q archive <filespace>  (some DB agents use backups, some archives)

If you see thousands of large files with old dates, then I guessed
right.

--
Mr. Lindsay Morris
Mr. Lindsay Morris