ADSM-L

Reclamation

2000-04-07 09:49:27
Subject: Reclamation
From: Jim Coen <coen AT WASHBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 08:49:27 -0500
     ADSMers,

     Magstar 3570, AIX 4.2.1, ADSM 3.?.?

     Help . . . How on earth do I get ADSM to reclaim space on tapes?
     I have done everything the manual says to do and our disk pool
     continues to fill to 100 (won't migrate because tape volumes
     all say 100% except one empty one).

     Some of the tape volumes have a Pct Util of under 40 % and the
     reclamation percentage is set to 60%.

     I just don't get it. I have massive backup failures overnight
     because the disk pool simply will not migrate.

     Any help?

     Thanks in advance.

     Jim

     Jim Coen