ADSM-L

Re: TDP for SQL on Clustered Servers

2000-04-06 17:10:16
Subject: Re: TDP for SQL on Clustered Servers
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:10:16 -0400
Bill,

This could be a few things...

Usually this means that the password was never
primed in the registry to begin with. To do this,
go to the TDP for SQL directory and enter a command
that will store the CLUSTER_NODE password into the
registry.  For example:

    sqldsmc /adsmquerydb /adsmpwd:your-password

The other possibility is that the wrong option
file is being used for the scheduler.
Use the DSMCUTIL QUERY command to make sure it
is using the correct one.

If this doesn't help, please reread the appendix C
of the latest User's Guide (1.1.2) VERY closely.
Cluster setup is picky and if you do any of the steps
out of order or forget to do any of them,
it can expose itself in strange ways.

Hope this helps,

Del

Del Hoobler