ADSM-L

Client Cross Platform Restores

2015-10-04 17:31:35
Subject: Client Cross Platform Restores
From: Phil Bone [SMTP:PBone AT AFLAC DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I was wondering if there was a way to restore a NetWare clients files to an
NT client.  When we do the "set access", we can see the filesystems in the
GUI, but it is not expandable.  When we use the NT BA command line and
attempt a restore, it says something like "no files have been backed up".

We are in the process of converting from NetWare to NT and want to see if
restoring the NetWare files to the NT server would be faster than moving
them.

Thanks.

Phil Bone
Sr. Systems Consultant
Network Services, Infrastructure Management
Office: 706.596.5928
Fax: 706.596.5950
Email: pbone AT aflac DOT com
Email: philbone AT mindspring DOT com