ADSM-L

upgrading to TSM 3.7.2

2000-04-06 09:55:50
Subject: upgrading to TSM 3.7.2
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:55:50 +0200
Hi *SM-ers!
I will upgrade my hard- and software somewhere next week.
I will migrate from ADSM 3.1.2.50 on an H50 to TSM 3.7.2 on an H70.
In the past I read some bad report about the performance of the restore db
commands, so I'm planning to transfer the database and logs to the new AIX
machine using FTP.
Should I issue a "dsmserv upgradedb" command before starting the TSM server
for the first time or is the ADSM database compatible with TSM? All
documentation is based on an in-place upgrade of ADSM to TSM, so I cannot
find any information about a manual upgrade.
Thanks in advance for your reply!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon