ADSM-L

Ejecting a Tape from 3494

2000-04-06 07:51:25
Subject: Ejecting a Tape from 3494
From: Virginia Hysock <vhysock AT CSC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 07:51:25 -0400
Server:  AIX 3.1.2.50
  ATL:  IBM 3494 w/3590-B Drives

     Help!  I know there's a way to do this, but darn if I can remember it.  I
entered 200 new tape cartridges into my 3494 ATL, expecting to perform a
'checkin libv' with the 'search' parameter later.  Every volume issued a
labelcheck error on mounting to the drive.  (They were ordered labelled and
initialized.)  Now, I'm trying to get just one of the volumes out of the library
so that I can try to label it with 'overwrite' on checkin.  The library knows of
the volume, but not ADSM.  How can I get this tape out??  (Is it an mtlib
command?  I'm shakey on my UNIX, so please be specific!)

                         Thanks,

                         Ginny