ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:31:35

Hello Gerald,

yes, you're right. Right now you can only save the NT box on the locally
attached tape drive and TDPfW uses just the TSM Scheduler to do the replication.
As far as I know Tivoli/IBM wants to remove this limitation with one of the next
versions of TDPfW so you can use your TSM server to store the DR data.

As you will probably know the current version of TDPfW is based on Stac Replica
technology which is also used by other vendors in their DR products. So TDPfW is
not a Tivoli product it's just licensed (the HP version is absolutely identical;
there are just different window titles (and the OBDR function of course)).

But beside of that TDPfW is IMO a really fine piece of software that let you
recover your NT system in a hurry without fiddling with a repair partition. It
works very well and I have had no problems with it. The only thing I would like
to know why it should not be used on the same machine in conjunction with an TSM
server or client? I haven't noticed any problems with that combination. TDPfW is
not installed in the same directory as TSM (v3.1.2.50 / v3.1.0.7) maybe that's
the reason? And I wonder why I could loose data as mentioned in the FAQ on the
Tivoli web site?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With best regards,
Bien amicalement,

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
GE CompuNet Kiel
Network and Systems Management
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 117, Fax: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck @ gecits-eu.com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.

Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM> on 04.04.2000 21:31:30