ADSM-L

Re: tape libraries

2000-04-05 15:53:02
Subject: Re: tape libraries
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:53:02 -0500
migration processes run as the greatest of
A) migpr : migration processes setting for the storage pool
B) number of tape drives available
C) number of unique node's data in the "from" pool (only 1 nodes data, only
1 migration process)

Reclamation will first grab for a "filling" tape, if one is not available
(selection based on collocation settings) then a scratch is used.

Yes, there are internal priorities and now and again one might see where a
process is being pre-empted for a higher priority process.

Ok, and I'm going off of adsm info really... only have two tsm servers in
testing currently and I can't really swear on my dad's grave on this but I
would assume it is the same or better... everything is running fine but I
don't have loads to really test (and probably won't specifically test) such
things until I run into some limitation with my 4 drives per adsm server
again.

Dwight