ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/Magstar 3570 Question

2000-04-05 10:41:31
Subject: Re: ADSM/Magstar 3570 Question
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:41:31 -0400
If the query shows a volume status of FULL and a Pct Util as 14.1, then it
probably also shows a Pct Reclaimable as 85.9 for a total of 100%.

>>> coen AT WASHBURN DOT EDU 04/05/00 10:11AM >>>
    ADSMers,

    I am very puzzled by the following:

    Using the 'Web' interface, I navigate . . .

       -Operation View
          -Manage server storage
             -Query storage pool volumes
                -Finish

    The ensuing report tells me that my tape volumes are 'Full'
    although most of them are not 100 'Pct Util'. In fact one of
    the 'Full' tapes has a value of only 14.1 'Pct Util'.

    What does this mean? Doesn't 'Pct Util' mean percent utilized?
    If so, how can a volume with only 14.1 percent utilized be 'Full'?

    (My backups are failing because we are 'out of storage space' on
    the server. The disk pool will not migrate to the tapepool--I guess
    because it is 'Full').

    Thanks for the (always excellent) advice!

    Jim

    Jim Coen
    Washburn University