ADSM-L

Re: Help in schedule mount volumes

2000-04-05 10:02:15
Subject: Re: Help in schedule mount volumes
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:02:15 -0500
If you have a unix box somewhere I'd do this from there other wise you will
need some scheduling software on NT to perform administrative command line
functions to perform this, I don't believe that an administrative scheduled
event is allowed to be an "update volume * acc=unavail" or "update vol blah
acc=readw"
and I know you can't make an administrative command perform a macro so it
looks like you can't use adsm's automation to perform this activity.
(which I think is OK because this is getting really wierd on the activity)
but you could set up cron jobs under aix to perform things like
dsmadmc -serv=blah -id=blah -pass=blah upd vol blah acc=readw
or
dsmadmc -serv=blah -id=blah -pass=blah upd vol blah acc=unavail
on specific days of the week...