ADSM-L

DB BACKUP COPY POOL VOLUMES

2000-04-05 07:40:30
Subject: DB BACKUP COPY POOL VOLUMES
From: "Burns, Kye" <Krburns AT FIRSTAM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 04:40:30 -0700
Platform RS6000 AIX 4.x .
Question: Over the weekend I used the MOVE DRMEDIA command through the GUI
to move mountable tapes to the vault state. We use a storage tek library and
alltogether 20 tapes came up mountable when I queried the library. The
Cartridge Access Port holds up to 14 ECartridge tapes. In this query there
are three DBbackup copy pool volumes that changed to vault state, however
could not be removed from the library. I removed the 14 tapes, and still the
3 dbbackup volumes still reside in the library, and I am not able check
those tapes from the library because they are now in a vault condition. Does
ADSM prioritize which volumes get mounted first? The default of the MOVE
DRMEDIA considers the dbvolumes in the move. Still I could not mount these 3
volumes when issuing the checkout command. Will I have to wait for a period
of time before the db volumes change their state from vault to vault
retrieve then to onsite before they are usable again in the library? I
wanted to take them out of the library and send them offsite, though I looks
like I won't be able to do this for now. Can anyone shed some light on this
process? Thanks.