ADSM-L

Help in schedule mount volumes

2000-04-05 09:52:18
Subject: Help in schedule mount volumes
From: Andy Yeung <andyy AT REALVISION.COM DOT HK>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 21:52:18 +0800
Dear all,
    I used ADSM version 3.0.2 in NT, I set 6 schedule for backup the
data each day, i.e. schedule 1 for backup monday, schedule 2 for
tuesday,........schedule 6 for sat. & sun. The following command I used
for each schedule:

Define schedule dom1 sine1 Description="Database for monday"
action=selective objects="d:\program\*.*""d:\data\*.*" priority=5
startdate=03/01/2000 starttime=20:00:00 duration=3 durunits=hours
period=1 perunits=days dayofweek=monday

    The above is for monday, and the other is just like above, now, I
wanna put the data into specific tape, i.e. tape 1 for monday, tape2 for
tuesday........tape6 for sat & sun. And I plan to set 2 more schedule
for each day, one for available the separate volume & one for
unavailable the volume, i.e. At 1st, I unavailable all the volume, and
available one volume(tape) before each schedule start.

    Also, I wanna configure 6 more schedule which start at the 4th weeks
for migrate the data in each volume(tape). For the schedule, I wanna
move the data into the disk and move back to the tape, so that each tape
keep 3 backup sequential.

    Now, my problem is I don't know how to configure the schedule for
available/unavailable each volume(tape), is that possible? Also, is that
possible for the above method?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Andy Yeung