ADSM-L

changing tape (magstar) ranges

2000-04-04 10:28:01
Subject: changing tape (magstar) ranges
From: "Van Ruler, Ruud R SSI-ISES-32" <Ruud.R.vanRuler AT IS.SHELL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 16:28:01 +0200
Hi

We are in the process of moving our ADSM server from one OS/390 system to
another. The way we have our (RMM) tape libraries defined is that the tape
ranges are unique to each LPAR. Therefore, after the move (which will
include the copying over of the ADSM databases) we will be able to read the
old tapes on the new system, but cannot write to them.
Because we want to transfer all ADSM data to the new range (so it is known
to the ADSM servers RMM system) and remove it from the previous system (so
the carts  can be re-used)

Do any of you guys know of a way we can "merge" the data from tape(s) aa****
directly to tapes bb**** (the default scratch range on the new system)
without stageing the data on dasd inbetween ??  (any of you familiar with
SAMS:disk may appreciate the type of process i am talking about)

             Ruud van Ruler
Shell Services International BV - ISES/32
Our Data Storage Management home page: http://sww2.shell.com/dstorage/
> Room 2A/D07
> Dokter van Zeelandstraat 1, 2285 BD Leidschendam NL
Tel : 070 - 3034644  /  Fax : 070 - 3034012
Email Internet: ruud.r.vanruler AT is.shell DOT com
                          rvanruler AT hotmail DOT com
Email X400:/S=vanRuler /I=R /C=GB /A=GOLD /P=Shell /O=IS

                                                            R.vanRuler