ADSM-L

Scheduled event takes 2-3 minutes to start. Why?

2000-04-04 09:12:39
Subject: Scheduled event takes 2-3 minutes to start. Why?
From: Lindsay Morris <lmorris AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:12:39 -0400
There's this annoying behavior ....

When you change the start time of a schedule in TSM to NOW,
it doesn't kick off then.  It kicks off maybe 3 minutes later.

I tried a couple of things - none of these had any effect:

    define clientaction (ie, create a schedule name @1, startt=now)

    upd sched .... duration=1 durunits=minutes (in this case, the
    schedule NEVER kicks off - but after a minute "query events" says
    "MISSED")

    upd sched .... perunits=onetime duration=indefinite

One thing that DOES work is bouncing the scheduler.  i guess
that's because the scheduler, waking up, contacts the server.
But that's a pretty graceless solution.

I checked to see if the clocks are set the same - they are.
In fact the client is on the same machine as the server, so the
clocks are identical.

So, has anybody figured out a way to make the scheduler
more responsive?

Vital stats: AIX 4.3, TSM server 3.7.2.0, TSM client 3.7.0.0,
schedmode prompted, commmethod tcpip.

Thanks!
--
Mr. Lindsay Morris