ADSM-L

Re: Oracle DPA

2015-10-04 17:32:30
Subject: Re: Oracle DPA
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi Gerald,

Were do you dump a 150+GB DB to ? ( on a UNIX fs )

herfried :-)

Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 31.03.2000
03:48:06

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:

Subject:  Oracle DPA

Whats the point in purchasing a DPA for Oracle? It seems to me you can get
the same effect by using Oracle's RMAN to dump a full backup to a directory
on your disk and then incrementals to the disk, then have ADSM just back up
that directory daily and erase it. Walla.. Hot backups without the cost of
DPA..

Am I wrong?  I see the only drawback being you need disk space for the
procedure.

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions