ADSM-L

migration failing

2000-03-30 18:25:38
Subject: migration failing
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:25:38 -0800
This is strange.. I have a magstar that?s full of 19 tapes. Most are full
with data but 1 volume has a status of ?filling?, pct util 100.0, estimated
capacity of 11,484.5.. There are also 3 scratch volumes checked in with this
pool..

My reclamation pool is at pct util 92.1, pct migr 100 and is trying to
migrate to the tapepool above. It keeps mounting the 1 volume with status
?filling? and then shortly thereafter the entire migration process fails
claiming that ?insufficient space in subordinate storage pools?.

What gives? Even if the 1 volume is full, why isn?t tsm marking it as FULL
and moving on and mounting one of the scratch volumes? If I update the 1
volumes with access=unava then the migration fails anyways with the same
message (only it doesn?t try to mount the 1 volume anymore). It doesn?t seem
to realize there are scratch volumes available.

I did an Audit Library on the magstar but that didn?t fix anything. Also did
an audit volume on the one volume with status ?filling? but again that did
nothing for me.

Gerald Wichmann
RS Engineer
Sansia System Solutions