ADSM-L

Re: 3590 Tape Drives

2000-03-30 14:53:08
Subject: Re: 3590 Tape Drives
From: Jeff Connor <connorj AT NIAGARAMOHAWK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:53:08 -0500
Just to add a couple things to David's comments.  We've had 3590- B1A's in a STK
Silo for a 2+ years.  Had some initial problems with tension between the STK
Robot and IBM drives. IBM installed new clips on the drives and we didn't have a
problem after that.  We had to define them as 3490's in the MVS iodef and set
the drives for 3490 emulation because the STK HSC software did not support 3590.
As far as I know it still doesn't.  If you still need to define them as 3490 you
also won't be able to take advantage of the new TAPEIOBUFFS option introduced in
TSM 3.7.  We are upgrading our tape hardware and have decided to replace the
Silo with a IBM 3494 and VTS.

Jeff

John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK> on 03/30/2000 09:55:50
AM