ADSM-L

MKSYSB Failure After TSM Install

2000-03-30 02:01:14
Subject: MKSYSB Failure After TSM Install
From: "Joshua S. Bassi" <jbassi AT GLORYWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 23:01:14 -0800
All,

I ran the command mksysb -i -X /dev/rmt0 and received
the following messages:

Creating information file (/image.data) for rootvg.....
Creating tape boot image./dev/rmt0.1: There is a request
to a device or address that does not exist.
0512-044 mksysb: Cannot access device /dev/rmt0.1.
tctl retension failed with return code 2.

The box is a 4.3.3 7248-43P with an external IBM
7206-005 DDS-2 4GB tape drive.  And yes I have verified
that the special files rmt0 and rmt0.1 are present
in the dev dir.

This is a brand new machine EXCEPT that it has a 3.7.2.0
TSM server on it and I am also using the same tape drive
for local TSM backups.  So in order to use the 4mm tape
drive I had to go into smit and define a TSM tape drive on
top of the rmt drive.  Of course I have already tried
deleting the entire TSM drive including the special files
to no avail.  And I have even delete all the definitions
ran cfgmgr and also rebooted, but nothing seems to allow
me to get a good mksysb.

Any ideas?

--
Joshua S. Bassi