ADSM-L

Re: 3590 Fibre Channel

2000-03-29 23:25:52
Subject: Re: 3590 Fibre Channel
From: Keith Nelson <knelson AT OPENMIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 22:25:52 -0600
We've got a customer in Switzerland that's got the following configuration
working:

1) RS/6000 running AIX 4.3.3 - the application is Veritas
2) Emulex HBA #6227 from IBM
3) Connectivity through one or two Brocade switches (IBM 2109-S16)
4) Pathlight SAN Data Gateway (IBM 2108-G07) is connected to switch
5) Magstar 3590 connected through the Pathlight (IBM SAN DG)

They are requesting that we test an STK Fibre 9840 drive in the same
configuration.

We've validated a Crossroads/3590 configuration in our lab. That
configuration involved an RS/6000 using an Emulex LP7000/8000 HBA. I think
the hub was a Gadzoox. Crossroads says they have real customers using their
router products with Magstar.

If it's of any interest, we're also working on a project involving HP/UX,
3590s and a Pathlight.